I use computer models to understand what governs particles in the atmosphere: from emissions through chemical and physical transformation and ultimately removal. Particles can have negative impacts on health so understanding their sources will allow us to better understand how to improve public health.
- Ambient particulate matter
- Interactions between biogenic and anthropogenically-controlled species
- Chemical transport modeling (for example, with CMAQ)
- Nanomaterials with ambient air exposure routes including cerium
- How properties of organic compounds govern their fate and transport
Disclaimer: Any views presented here are solely those of the author. This website has not been reviewed by the EPA.